[CentOS] Samba PDC + BDC using LDAP

Basil Kurian basilkurian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:41:55 EDT 2010

I am trying to implement Samba Domain Controller with replication using LDAP

My intention is to create two Samba DC servers with LDAP backend , then to
set one as master and other as slave , then replicate LDAP database  in
master to slave

I shutdown second samba server  and only first samba DC was running . Then I
added one XP client to first samba server , I can successfully logged in to
the domain

Then I shutdown first server and  started second server (every settings in
first and second server is same . Also the ID is set to same value using *
setlocalid* command )

but the xp can't login to the domain ..

please help me to figure out the problem

I documented every thing in a wiki ....... please go through the steps