[CentOS] hplip under CentOS-5.5

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 12:44:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 08:27:33AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 01:20:58PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Scott Robbins wrote:
> >
> > > Wow, that's pretty old.  I think rpmforge has newer, but regardless, I
> > > wound up installing from source.  The hplip page for CentOS is a bit off
> > > (dated, I imagine), I have my own page on it here.  (I should add that
> > > it works quite well for me, version 3.9.8 or so.  Haven't checked for
> > > updates since then, as this does all I need.
> > >
> > > http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/hplip.html
> >
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > Thanks fot hat document. I modified my hplip package based on that
> > document and am building a 3.10.6 update package as we speak.

I've actually already updated the page to make mention of the rpmforge
package and also add your comments about dbus.  I actually only made use
of hp-setup -i and then tested the scanner with scanimage, so I didn't
run into the error. Thanks for pointing it out.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I told one lie... I had one drink...
Giles: Yes. And you were very nearly devoured by a giant demon
snake. The words, 'Let that be a lesson' are a tad redundant at
this juncture.