[CentOS] Postfix SMTP auto on remote relay server

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jul 30 14:19:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 14:16 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to configure Postfix to use SMTP authentication
> on a relay host?
>
> i.e. I have a Linux server, running PostFix on an ADSL line with a
> dynamic IP. Thus I can't just send out emails from this server but
> need to relay it via our ISP's SMTP server, which is very unreliable.
> Now I want to relay the email via another SMTP server where a user
> account with the same domain has already been setup, but I got no idea
> how to get it to work on SMTP authenticiaion.
>
> Any suggestions?
----
authentication is fully explained on the documentation on Postfix
website <http://www.postfix.org>

you don't really need to do any authentication at all but rather should
use 'smarthost' features on the main server and on the relaying server,
it should be configured to relay mail for that server.

Craig

believed to be clean.