[CentOS] LVM issue

Tue Jul 20 22:07:27 UTC 2010
Phil Manuel <phil at zomojo.com>

Hi We use AoE disks for some of our systems.  Currently, a 15.65Tb filesystem we have is full, I then extended the LVM by a further 4Tb but resize4fs could not handle a filesystem over 16Tb (CentOS 5.5). I then reduced the lvm by the same amount, and attempted to create a new LV, but get this error message in the process

lvcreate -v -ndata2 -L2T -t  aoe
  Test mode: Metadata will NOT be updated.
    Setting logging type to disk
    Finding volume group "aoe"
    Test mode: Skipping archiving of volume group.
    Creating logical volume data2
    Test mode: Skipping volume group backup.
    Found volume group "aoe"
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.
    Found volume group "aoe"
  Unable to deactivate failed new LV. Manual intervention required.
    Test mode: Wiping internal cache
    Wiping internal VG cache

pvs
  PV               VG     Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
  /dev/etherd/e2.0 aoe    lvm2 a-    9.10T  7.10T
  /dev/etherd/e2.4 aoe    lvm2 a-   13.65T     0

vgs
  VG     #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize  VFree
  aoe      2   1   0 wz--n- 22.74T  7.10T

lvs
  LV     VG     Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  data   aoe    -wi-ao 15.65T

I've run a vgscan but this didn't help. So any ideas what step I've missed to enable me to create the new LV ?

Thanks

Phil.