[CentOS] CentOS 5.5/i386/32-bit CD installation hickups

Tue Jul 27 18:18:26 UTC 2010
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>

Hello listmates,

I've got a few older 32-bit PC's that only have a CD drive (no DVD).
So I downloaded all the ISO's and I thought I'd install CentOS 5.5 on
this 1.25 GB P-3 (I think, don't remember what CPU it's got right off
hand, not that it should matter). So I tried it there, got a fatal
exception. OK, no problem - thinking that maybe  something was wrong
with that machine I decided to try it on a different one, a P-3 with
384 MB or RAM. Same thing happened.

So here's my question: has anybody successfully installed CentOS 5.5
on a 32-bit machine (i386) using individual CD's as their installation
media?

Thanks.

Boris.