[CentOS] how to properly change the timezone

Thu Jul 8 12:48:10 UTC 2010
Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas at gmail.com>

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 21:32:45 Phil Manuel wrote:
> /usr/bin/system-config-time
>
> (from the system-config-date RPM package)
>
> It will work in text mode.
>
> (Essentially /etc/sysconfig/clock is the config file that also needs
> updating)

Is /etc/sysconfig/clock really essential?  I just have /etc/localtime pointing
to the right timezone and never had any problem.  I don't even have
/etc/sysconfig/clock on my servers.

I was about to install  the system-config-date (package that provides system-
config-time) in order to see if indeed it creates /etc/sysconfig/clock but yum
tells me I need 48 more packages to satisfy dependencies. I said no
obviously....

Best regards,
Jorge