[CentOS] Networking just stopped working

Thu Jul 8 13:40:12 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 07:51 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I think some bridge or vlan scenarios require promiscuous mode (and the
> corresponding disabling of hardware acceleration).  Maybe the real issue is that
>   something accidentally disabled it and you now only work when tcpdump
> re-enables it.  I'm not sure how this is supposed to be managed atomically when
> multiple programs may manipulate it and it needs to be propagated across
> multiple bonded nics, but maybe something went wrong there.  At least some
> things log the change so maybe you can get a hint about when it was turned on
> and off.
---

Check out /proc/net/bonding/bond/YOUR_BOND.  Make sure your slave IDs
are the same as in aggregator ID.  If not it will cause the problem your
having.  Bad NIC hardware also it's failing over for a reason as the log
showed.

John