[CentOS] DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

Thu Jul 8 17:50:02 UTC 2010
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 13:44 -0400, JohnS wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 12:03 -0500, Doug Coats wrote:
>

> > Here is the testparm -sv you requested.
> >
> > For a short explaination of the IP's listed.  We have two domains.
> > One served by 192.168.6.1 and one by 192.168.5.1.  I am currantly
> > upgrading the 192.168.6. network to Windows 7. Or atleast trying.
> > 192.168.4.1 is our gatway and the two servers listed above act as file
> > servers and routers for their domains.  I hope that makes sence.
> >
> > Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> ---
> To be truth full I think you have an out right mess going on here.  One
> thing your smb config is 10 miles long.
>
> Start over on a fresh install test machine and try joining the W7
> machine to it.  Then take your changes and merg into your current
> working machine config.  Life will be a lot easier.  One change at a
> time.
----
the reason the smb.conf is 10 miles long is that I told him to output
'testparm -sv' which includes all specific settings and all assumed
defaults.

His problem is WINS resolution doesn't tell the workstations which
computer is the domain controller and that is what he needs to fix
(first by designating a domain controller and then by making sure that
WINS is functioning well).

Craig

believed to be clean.