[CentOS] DNS problem while trying to join windows 7 to samba3x pdc

Thu Jul 8 18:00:27 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 10:50 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 13:44 -0400, JohnS wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 12:03 -0500, Doug Coats wrote:
> >

> > > Here is the testparm -sv you requested.
> > >
> > > For a short explaination of the IP's listed.  We have two domains.
> > > One served by 192.168.6.1 and one by 192.168.5.1.  I am currantly
> > > upgrading the 192.168.6. network to Windows 7. Or atleast trying.
> > > 192.168.4.1 is our gatway and the two servers listed above act as file
> > > servers and routers for their domains.  I hope that makes sence.
> > >
> > > Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> > ---
> > To be truth full I think you have an out right mess going on here.  One
> > thing your smb config is 10 miles long.
> >
> > Start over on a fresh install test machine and try joining the W7
> > machine to it.  Then take your changes and merg into your current
> > working machine config.  Life will be a lot easier.  One change at a
> > time.
> ----
<snip>
> His problem is WINS resolution doesn't tell the workstations which
> computer is the domain controller and that is what he needs to fix
> (first by designating a domain controller and then by making sure that
> WINS is functioning well).
>
> Craig
---
Exactly why I said start at the bottom and work your way up.  And
another problem is I think he said he has multi netowked smbd domains?
How is he routing network calls.  Triangle Topology?  It's best to lab
learn first no matter what your experience is.

John