[CentOS] lm_sensors and Shuttle

Sun Jul 11 18:16:53 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 09:19:44AM +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
> listmail wrote:

> > http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el5/i386/RPMS/lm_sensors-2.10.8-2.el5.elrepo.i386.rpm
> >> ELRepo also has a kernel module for the AMD K10 core temperature sensor:
> >>
> >> http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-k10temp
> >
> > Many thanks to both Yves and Ned for the pointers.
>
> You're welcome.
>

> > Now I just have to get the ranges set correctly. Unfortunately, Shuttle
> > publishes absolutely nothing in the way of documentation, and their tech
> > support people refuse to provide information, claiming that it is proprietary.
> > I guess I'll post it in their user forums once I figure which measurements are
> > meaningful.
> >

> The folks over at the lm_sensors list are very helpful in helping you
> figure out the configuration for your sensors.

FWIW, I've just installed these modules on my Gigabyte MA770-UD3 board
with a Phenom-II X2. I'm seeing only the CPU temp, nothing else despite
sensors-detect saying it found an it867 chip (and havng installed the
kmod-it87 package).

But the CPU temp it shows agrees within one degree or so with what the
BIOS reports when checked during a reboot, so it must be set up fairly
cloe to right without me having to muck with anything.

(my previous board, another older Gigabyte with a 32-bit Athlon needed
a lot of tweaking to get tolerably decent readings, so I'm pleased with
what I've got now.)

I had no idea these things were available, so I think all those who
have posted helpful information in this thread.

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."