[CentOS] Xen cpu requirements

Wed Jul 14 20:08:51 UTC 2010
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> The flags from /proc/cpuinfo after this reboot where I checked the
> virtualization setting in the bios are:
>
> flags           : fpu tsc msr pae cx8 apic mtrr cmov pat clflush acpi mmx
> fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc ida pni est ssse3 cx16
> sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm

You're already running the Xen kernel and your view of /proc/cpuinfo
is from the dom0, right?

I don't think you can see the vmx (Intel) or svm (AMD) flags from
dom0, but the underlying hypervisor should be able to see it. Try

   sudo xm dmesg | grep -i hvm

You should see something like "(XEN) HVM: VMX enabled".

Alternatively, try booting into a non-Xen kernel and taking another
peek at /proc/cpuinfo.