[CentOS] Desktop Supercomputer

Sat Jul 17 21:40:57 UTC 2010
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

Thanks for all your replies.

On 7/17/10, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 07/17/10 2:11 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>> Q. If I can compute in cloud, in which cloud can I supercompute at an
>> affordable or sponsored cost?
>
> what is it you want to compute?

anything that is computable.

> what hardware resources do you want to bring to the table?

Whatever minimal cost hardware resources that are locally available.

>  what is this cloud of which you speak?

The one that I want to attempt to experiment with.

>  From all what I gather, its not that easy to use the Tesla
> GPU-as-a-processor stuff, its really only suitable for a specific class
> of problems, it won't virtualize (I think you implied in one of your vague

now *that* comes to slightly closer to my answer. But then, I am
slightly confused after seeing some of the things on the web in the
nvidia site. I will have to search again and will post the link which
confused me.

> and that helps define your requirements...

partially, yes.

> how?

Try one of cellphone transmitter simulations in terms of Radiative
Transfer (Check out University of Chicago's Prof. S. Chandrashekhar's
textbook)

> all the parts you left out.

Like?

Regards,