[CentOS] Finding DHCP IP of guest system

Mon Jul 19 17:50:16 UTC 2010
David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>

On Mon, July 19, 2010 09:00, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote, On 07/16/2010 02:56 AM:
>> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>
>> wrote:
>>> My dom0 /var/log/messages doesn't have anything on assignments to
>>> guests.
>>> bs004 (ID 9), for example, currently has 192.168.1.143, but there's
>>> nothing about that IP in dom0 /var/log/messages.
>>>

> is the dom0 a static IP or a static DNS name?
> If dom0 is static in some way, how about having the syslogs on all the
> domUs setup to all send their
> logs to the dom0?
> You might have to use logger(1) on boot (rc.local?) to add a message that
> will help you distinguish
> between the different hosts.

Ah, another good idea.  I had a static IP on the dom0 well before I got
them for the guests, so that would have been useful there, yes.

Thanks!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info