[CentOS] boot process glitch due to missing 2nd disk

Tue Jul 20 19:50:34 UTC 2010
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 02:56:16 pm Dave wrote:
> I just installed centos on a Dell that used to have 2 internal disks, but I
> removed one just before the install. Now when I boot it, it stops and
> outputs a message complaining about the missing disk and I have to hit F1 to
> get it to continue booting.

The answer depends on what kind of Dell this is.  Is it a PowerEdge server?  Some sort of embedded RAID controller (PowerEdge and Precision workstations both have those)? More information required to fully answer.

A Dimension desktop shouldn't have this issue, but a PowerEdge or Precision with PERC or CERC set up will have this issue, and you need to access the controller's setup to tell it the other disk is gone.