[CentOS] Sending files from mobile to CentOS via Bluetooth

Fri Jul 23 11:16:47 UTC 2010
Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com>

Olaf Mueller wrote:
> Toralf Lund wrote:
>
> Hello.
>

>> Has anyone here managed to send files from a mobile phone to a CentOS
>> system via Bluetooth?
>>
> Yes, send and receive files by bluetooth, under CentOS 5.5 with a SE
> T630 phone and the following setup:
> # rpm -qa | grep blue [ ... ]
>

> It works for me since replacing some of the original CentOS packages
> with packages from Fedora Core 7 (fc7).

You know, now that you mention it, I remember that I had to upgrade to a
Fedora package even to get the discovery stuff and/or connection *from*
the computer to work (this is something I set up a year or so ago.) I
installed only bluez-gnome earlier, though, but now I've upgraded the
other packages, too, so I have the same versions as you. Unfortunately,
there is still no luck sending from the phone - the behaviour is still
the same.

Another clue, though: If do the Bluetooth setup in a slightly different
way on the phone, I get the following messages:

Getting service list...
Service not found

I suppose this may be the root of the problem, i.e. that the phone
expects the computer to publish a list of services, and the GNOME
bluetooth stuff doesn't.

-Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.