[CentOS] Php 5.2.x support ends

Wed Jul 28 09:53:58 UTC 2010
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi>

> Well,  mainly problem is that rhel/centos is shipping so old php
> version and  mysql.
> and "lack" of reliable source for newer versions for production..  I
> hope rhel 6/centos 6  fixes this problem  also..

It will temporarily fix the problem...  But in n years, we will have once more
the same discussion and will hope centos 7 will solve this problem...  Rinse and
repeat  ^_^
On the opposite side, I recently tried to explain to some mplayer dev why having
dev (alpha,beta,rc) and prod(stable) versions was a good idea... but they stood
by their "alaways compile the latest svn version" and "it helps debug the
application faster" (true, but a pain for users) stances.

JD