[CentOS] how to install centos on the attached external usb hard disk?

Wed Jul 28 13:25:40 UTC 2010

Les Mikesell wrote:
> hadi motamedi wrote:
>>
>>     Did you enable usb booting in the bios...?
>>
>> I press 'ESC' after reboot the machine and select the boot device as
>> 'USB' but it cannot be booted from.
>
> I think I have seen computers that would boot from an unpartitioned flash
> key but not a device with partitions - but I don't know if this is
common or
> how to change it.

I dunno - the USB key I built for installing CentOS has two partitions,
and the first is flagged bootable, and all the systems I've used it on
certainly boot from that first partition.

        mark "once I go through the boot menu"