[CentOS] DHCP failover ... Some questions.

Thu Jul 29 18:37:31 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 7/29/2010 8:03 AM, Lars Hecking wrote:

>>>   The servers will balance the pool(s) between them. It's actually fun (for
>>>   personal preference values of "fun") to tail the logs on both servers
>>>   after starting the slave and watch dhcpd communicate.
>>

>> So they "only" balance the pool and no 1:1 assignment from
>> IP:Host-MAC-address.
>
>   Sorry, I had to re-read your original posting ...
>
>   The best way to set this up is to have a minimal dhcp.conf on both servers
>   that contains global definitions and the failover section, and then includes
>   another config file that contains everything else - the shared-network block
>   with pools, groups etc. This second config file is the same for both servers
>   and you need to keep it in sync.

Do you know if you have to do anything special in the case where the
primary server has been down for a while and is then brought back up?
That is, does the backup automatically re-sync the database with the new
leases that have been given out, or does it not have to?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com