[CentOS] Announce list digest ??

Fri Jul 30 14:27:39 UTC 2010
Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil>

Ron Loftin wrote, On 07/30/2010 10:03 AM:
> It seems that the past month or so the CentOS Announce list digest has
> no longer been sent out to the general CentOS list ( this list )
> although the CentOS Web site still says that this list is subscribed to
> the Announce list in digest form.
>
> I've been checking, and the announce message does not seem to be getting
> caught in any spam filter that I use.
>
> Is this broken, or am I missing something here ?

I don't know if it is broken, i.e., someone may have made a choice, but not updated the web site.
But I too had not been receiving the digest, for a similar time period.
Initially it annoyed me to be getting the digest, until I realized that it *seemed* the digest
indicated that the metadata (repodata directory) had been pushed, i.e., it could be used as an
'interupt' to indicate the primary/secondary yum *mirrors* were ready to be pulled from.
Now I miss it.

--
Todd Denniston