[CentOS] Redirecting PHP error messages into a log file

Fri Jul 30 23:17:58 UTC 2010
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:57:07AM +0200, Alexander Farber wrote:
> So you think the "httpd.*" line in syslog.conf is correct?

	No, it's incorrect.

	Syslog filters based on facility and priority.  "httpd" is not
	a known facility.  "man 5 syslog.conf" will list the available
	facilities.  I see no quick reference to what facility php
	is using, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it was
	"daemon"; the priority remains in question, though.

	Due to potential for DOS I'd not use syslog for this, however;
	I would use error_log pointing to an accessible path, making
	whatever selinux changes may be required.

							John

--
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns
out that God hates all the same people you do.

-- Anne Lamott (10 April 1954-), American author, Bird by Bird