[CentOS] hplip under CentOS-5.5

Sat Jul 31 10:58:24 UTC 2010
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 08:44:27AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> > > Hi Scott,
> > >
> > > Thanks fot hat document. I modified my hplip package based on that
> > > document and am building a 3.10.6 update package as we speak.

Hi Dag,
I just tested your rpm.  After uninstalling the tarball (the older
version though) and installing your rpm, scanimage -L didn't find the
scanner.  I then installed the latest version of hplip from tarball to
make sure it wasn't an hplip regression, and it discovered the scanner
without issue.

The difference I see besides dbus is that the hplip instructions disable
hpijs, but I really don't know enough about it to know if that would
make the difference.  If you see this today (Saturday), I probably have
time to run any test you would like (but tomorrow, my wife gets back
from Europe, so I won't).

If you feel it's better, I can take this to the rpmforge user list, but
figured I should post the information here since the thread started
here.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: I do what I want to do. And I wear what I want to wear.
And you know what, I'll date whoever the hell I want to date...
no matter how lame he is.