[CentOS] Firefox slower on GMail since update to CentOS 5.5

Andrej Moravcik

centos at datalock.sk
Wed Jun 2 20:29:03 UTC 2010

Hi Mathieu, I had the same problem with Firefox since I upgraded to
CentOS 5.5.

I noticed very slow (almost unusable) Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g
(Database Control, Grid Control and Application Server Control) and MS
SharePoint pages, high X.org cpu usage and noisy fans activity.

I couldn't find anything about this on the web. Firefox downgrade didn't
help, but finaly I realized that I upgraded nvidia driver too - problem
disapeared right after downgrade to nvidia driver
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-180.22-pkg2.run. There are alse other versions
between, but this one is the last one IMHO where PowerMizer works as
expected (at least on my laptop).

My configuration is CentOS 5.5 x86_64 @ Dell Latitude D830, Nvidia
Quadro NVS 140M.

Bye, Andrej