[CentOS] Firefox slower on GMail since update to CentOS 5.5

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Jun 3 07:03:58 UTC 2010

> help, but finaly I realized that I upgraded nvidia driver too - problem
> disapeared right after downgrade to nvidia driver
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-180.22-pkg2.run. There are alse other versions

I removed the nvidia driver from elrepo and installed this one from
Nvidia website, but it did not solve my problem.

The more I experience it, the more it seems clear that this issue only
happens with GMail / Google Apps. So I really think that this is
either a GMail or a Firefox issue.
I wonder if anybody else is using GMail through the web interface
intensively on CentOS 5.5?
I would not say that this is unsable either. It just slows done when
browsing "big" conversations (that is more than 4/5 mails which is not
that big)

Thanks for your feedback and for the tip anyhow, this may help others!