[CentOS] Logwatch, cron, and dovecot

Bob Hoffman

bob at bobhoffman.com
Thu Jun 3 13:19:14 UTC 2010

Howdy all,

Question for anyone.

I have centos 5.x on my server.

Everyday I get a logwatch sent to my mailbox.
I usually check every couple weeks and this time I got a surprise...

Up until may 15th, the watch started with cron begin/ cron end and then went
to http begin/end....

May 16th had the selinux (which I have disabled) and dovecot listings above
the http begin.
Cron was absent.

Everyday after that is is all dovecot first, no cron.

I never had dovecot show up in my logwatch before.

So, I assume some update did something, but it was obviously 2 weeks ago or
so. I have an auto update, so I am thinking it happened with a yum update.

The selinux only happened that one time...not shown up since.

I am concerned about the cron begin/end no longer being there, don't know
why dovecot was not there to begin with....

Just did a reboot and will see what happens tomorrow...

Thanks for any help at all.

  Number of audit daemon starts: 1

  Number of audit daemon stops: 1

 **Unmatched Entries**
  Started dispatcher: /sbin/audispd pid: 21352