[CentOS] Recommendations for a webcam

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jun 4 17:15:22 UTC 2010

hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a webcam that works out of the box(
or something that does not need major work getting going ) on CentOS-5.
But I also need it to do :

Better than 640x480, have the ability to work in low light and stream
via vlc. I have a Philips SPC 900nc which looks good on paper, and just
works, but its unable to really do better than 320x240 and its low light
performance is quite sad. I've also tried using a logitech quick cam
9000 pro. Which suffers about the same fate. It does manage to get upto
640x480, but at a fairly average end result.

Recommendations ?

- KB