[CentOS] amazon ec2 and centos?

J. Jefferson Gray jeffg at surfmerchants.com
Wed Jun 9 11:39:06 UTC 2010

We're currently running almost 20 instances with aws.  We're using CentOS
5.4/5.5 as the base, and the 2.6.18 kernel image provided by amazon in the
form of their 2.6.18-ec2-v1.4(may have that form wrong).  This works well,
but its also from December 2009 so we're 6 months off where Cent is now.

Be more than willing to help QA/Test out kernels if there's some way we can
get them submitted into Amazon's kernel store.  Anything we can do to help,
feel free to contact off list.  Would love to see a much quicker turnaround
on these, and might help get us to Amazon supporting CentOS 6 quicker down
the road if we get the process in place with them now with 5.5.

Cent works very well other that this kernel process.

Cheers

J.G.