[CentOS] Booting into a shell and skipping init

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:04:52 UTC 2010

Err reread and disregard my thoughts - evidently too tired! But its true
citrix forums would be a better audience esp given the upstream vendor and
hence centos moving to kvm..

Sent from Android mobile

On Jun 9, 2010 6:24 PM, "Stephen Harris" <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to boot into the shell of a XenServer 5.6 (I believe CentOS
> 5.5 underneath). I added...
XenServer 5.6 is based on CentOS 5.4

  [root at penfold ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
  XenServer release 5.6.0-31188p (xenenterprise)
  [root at penfold ~]# rpm -q centos-release
  centos-release-5-4.el5.centos.1

Aren't you better off taking XenServer questions to the Citrix forums?
For example, the XenServer boot process uses extlinux and not grub;
here's an area where XenServer diverges from CentOS and so you may get
better answers from the correct support forum.

--

rgds
Stephen