[CentOS] Openwebmail dependency problem

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:00:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 16:45 +0300, Jussi Hirvi wrote:

> On 10.6.2010 16.38, Steve Huff wrote:
> > yum tells you what the problem is, and the solution.
> >
> > the problem is that both the packages perl-Compress-Zlib-2.015-1 and
> > perl-IO-Compress-2.024-1 contain the same file.  the solution is to
> > install only one of those two packages.
>
> Ok, but that is no solution yet - both packages seem to be needed - one
> by openwebmail and the other by amavisd and spamassassin.
>
> > there is a deeper problem, though: whoever wrote the openwebmail RPM
> > specified some of the Perl dependencies in a problematic fashion.  it
> > looks like you got the openwebmail package from the project page;
> > look at how these dependencies are specified:
> >
> > $ rpm -qp --requires openwebmail-2.53-3.i386.rpm perl perl-suidperl
> > perl-Compress-Zlib perl-Text-Iconv perl(MIME::Base64)>= 3.00 ...
>
> Ok, thanks for the rpm -qp tip. I will contact openwebmail, though they
> probably know already (they should).
>
> Meanwhile, any (more dirty) fixes?
>
> - Jussi

You can install one of them using rpm with --no-deps switch. Hopefully
this will not brake anything Zlib.pm related.
I usually do this when I install various perl modules from rpmforge.
Some of them apparently conflict with perl installation or perl modules
from CentOS.

HTH,

--

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857