[CentOS] yum force

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Tue Jun 15 23:59:46 UTC 2010

On 16/06/10 08:47, Gary Greene wrote:
> On 6/15/10 3:26 PM, "Kahlil Hodgson" <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au> wrote:
>> Yes, this is frustrating.  I've encountered it a number of times while
>> packaging perl modules that override those in the core (e.g.
>> Test::More).  Sorry, but I've never found a really good solution beyond
>> --force or --replacefiles.
>
> This is the EXACT reason I use site_perl instead of vendor_perl prefixes for
> Perl modules that are not packaged by upstream for the internal repo we have
> here.

Yeah, I do the same, but it doesn't help with the man pages 'cause they
get installed under /usr/share/man.

Building with, say, INSTALLMAN3DIR=none gets around it, but you can get
a situation where man returns the documentation for the older module
whereas perldoc returns the documentation for the module that is
actually used.  This may confuse some members of your development team :-(