[CentOS] Ganglia

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:45:59 UTC 2010

On 6/18/2010 8:20 AM, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:14:02AM -0400, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 08:22:35PM -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
>>
>>> 	Is this vitriol really necessary?  I installed ganglia; not a
>>> 	single conflict.
>>
>> Why yes, John, it is. The fine man said outright he didn't believe my honest
>> account, accusing me of making something up when I was only giving the
>> facts. He was calling me a liar. He preferred to see my account as a lie so
>> as not to surrender his faith that Ganglia is a pure and perfect project.
>
> there is a big difference in saying you don't believe a person's
> information and calling them a liar.    You may just be saying you
> perceive things differently or maybe that the person doesn't understand
> about which he is speaking.   He may be entirely truthful and still
> not be believed.

And there's a gray area where what the person says is technically true
regarding his observations but then he places blame on others for a
situation he created himself.  The part not to be believed is the
incorrect conclusion, especially when you can easily disprove it
yourself - so its not a lie, it is a mistake.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com