[CentOS] the Postfix packages are way too old

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Jun 18 22:11:06 UTC 2010

On 06/18/2010 03:02 PM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> To be fair, RH/CentOS also ships with Sendmail-8.13.8, also from August 2006. What
> a golden month for mail daemons that was.

lol

> The door's wide open for someone with the energy to put together a server
> distro based on CentOS but with modern versions of essential daemons.

Nah. That's like killing a flea with the jackhammer. You don't often
need *all* daemons to be up-to-date on any given system - and when you
do, that's usually a tiny machine, like my personal mail/web server, in
which case you can deal with the upgrades on a case-by-case basis.

Just "rpm -U" the 2.7 package and that's it. For a mail relay, the rest
is good.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/