[CentOS] Ganglia

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jun 19 01:02:22 UTC 2010

On 18/06/2010 01:09, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> I should care what you believe? Stay ignorant, if you like. If not, take a
> CentOS system, add the EPEL repository for ganglia, try "yum install
> ganglia", and prepare to see all sorts of package conflicts. Plus it's not
> the current ganglia anyway. Better to build from tar.

A wise man once said that till such time as a bugreport is filed or
evidence to effect is shown, an issue is just a fragment of imagination
or a user induced issue they are too embarrassed to admit to. Given that
you made a wide sweeping statement that there were no usable rpms for
ganglia - I still think you don't think you what you are talking about.
I know of, and have used in the past, atleast 2 different set of rpms
that worked just fine. On the same platform as you mention, one of those
rpm sets having roots in what you hosted at EPEL / Fedora now.

To reconfirm the situation, I've just done a fresh C5 install, rolled in
epel and installed ganglia with no issues at all. If you want, I can
post a copy of the vm image used to run this test, the ks.cfg used, and
the puppet manifest that did the deployment.

> What the heck do you mean, "used ganglia in anger"? That's just incoherent.

Its an often used term in the admin / infrastructure circles to indicate
if a person has used a technology or app in conditions that would have
stressed it or used a near complete feature set.

- KB