[CentOS] Kernel independent OCFS2 packages for RHEL, Scientific Linux and CentOS

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Jun 19 09:00:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 19/06/2010 02:32, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> We are not sending every announcement to the CentOS list, that should be
>> apparent from looking at the ELRepo lists (where actual announcements
>> are being posted in more detail).
>
> But you are still making repeated announcements about packages here - I
> dont want to see every repo or development unit out there posting emails
> here for feedback about every component they built. As I said already,
> many projects have made a one time announcement, which is fine as long
> as we don't get too many projects jumping in. If that becomes a proble,
> we would need to reconsider that as well.
>
> Anyway, keep the elrepo posts away from this list, just as every other
> project is requested to not spam this list with repeated posts.

Hi Karanbir,

Not sure what was not clear from my previous email, but both mails were
in fact "one time" emails looking for feedback. I also stressed that we
don't do this for every package we build, nor are we planning to.

If you want to continue this discussion, I invite you to do this on the
ELRepo mailinglist. The original email asked for feedback using our own
support channels to prevent off-topic discussions on this mailinglist.

And this is my last 'spam' in this thread ;-)