[CentOS] How to specify the default route?

Rick Thomas

rbthomas at pobox.com
Mon Jun 21 23:57:13 UTC 2010

I have a machine with two net interfaces.

it seems to always pick the wrong one (eth1) as the default route.

I can change it with

	route del default
	route add default eth0

after it's up (or in rc.local, of course), but I'd like to figure out
what I need to do this "the CentOS way" (e.g. edit some configuration
file? Run some config utility, what?) once and for all.

Can somebody point me to the canonical documentation on the subject?
I've searched /usr/share/doc and the man pages, but I can't find
anything useful.

Googling for "default route centos" gives some interesting stuff, but
nothing definitive.

Thanks!

Rick