[CentOS] the Postfix packages are way too old

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jun 22 10:31:16 UTC 2010

Florin Andrei wrote on Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:42:46 -0700:

> No, that's fine, really. I was just pointing out that, for some
> Internet-facing systems, this policy may be inadequate, due to the
> fast-changing nature of the Internet.

I disagree. The included Postfix works just fine. You have a very specific
need that 99.??? % of the users don't have. This doesn't rectify such a
major version jump. You can always install a newer version that has the
features you need by yourself - as you did.
Thanks for the link to the thread, though, interesting read.

Kai