[CentOS] Migrating away from Nagios

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 22 11:06:33 UTC 2010

On 21/06/2010 18:05, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I didn't know about that, but the first googled hit says you are
> supposed to be able to write reusable tests in a human-readable language
> which sounds way too unrealistic to ever work.  And I want a tool that
> understands network equipment natively, not just it's own clients on
> only the hardware/OS's where you are able to run them.

I dont think its a one or the other situation. Flapjack + cucumber is
more oriented towards app developers being able to also contribute to
the monitoring and state management policies. And for that I've seen it
work well, but not used it myself.

We have a hom ebrew setup in place right now for the app and services
monitoring, that I am quite keen to replace as time permits.

- KB