[CentOS] Migrating away from Nagios

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:53:44 UTC 2010

On 6/21/2010 11:27 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Has anyone looked at using icinga ?
>
> The forums are nearly dead, doesn't look like much of the Nagios
> folk jumped ship yet. Archives show next to no activity.
>
> Frankly, if I am migrating away from Nagios, I would likely be compelled
> to put any effort into a significant improvement like Zenoss or OpenNMS
> rather than trade apples for apples...

If you'd like to listen to an audio session with the project leads, both
Zenoss and OpenNMS have been featured on the FLOSS Weekly podcast
(http://twit.tv/floss).  Zenoss is session 124 (very recent) and OpenNMS
was session 15 which is a bit dated but these discussions aren't
particularly technical - but they give you a feeling for the philosophy
of the projects, where they are headed, who uses them, and how they mesh
their commercial and opensource aspects.

I happen to have a long commute and play stuff like this on the way...

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com