[CentOS] Upgrading from 4.4 to 4.7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:43:47 UTC 2010

John Kennedy wrote:
> Only going to 4.7 because the required app is not certified for 4.8 (In
> the RHEL world which is what we are basing this on). 4.7 is as high as
> they will go. I know I will be doing this again in a month's time when
> they have 4.8 certified...
> I just do as I am told...To an extent...

If you can find a copy of the 4.7 iso you can upgrade from that.  If you do this
regularly, lagging well behind the repository, you might want to set up a
repository mirror and keep snapshots at the points you expect to want later.
I've always considered it a flaw in yum that it doesn't have an easy way to
reproduce a known system state even though newer items have been added to the
repositories - but even if it did, I don't think it would work across minor
number revision upgrades the way the Centos repositories are handled.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com