[CentOS] HOWTO - Install HP PSP On CentOS 5

Brandon Wood woody at 2143.net
Thu Jun 24 16:10:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:47 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the purpose of this?  Is there an rpm that triggers something
> after this step?  I'm just curious about it and would like to try it but
> I have no Proliant to test on.

Sorry, you are right this is a part of the document I should explain some.
The HP OpenIPMI package compiles a kernel driver and it looks for the config
and autoconf.h files in the kernel source directory. There may be a better
way of doing this.

I think what I really want to know is why use make oldconfig when you
> might have 30 more hp machines to use it on with diff hardware unless
> there are the same. Admin preference I guess.
>
> As for deploying on multiple machines again you are right, that does pose
an issue. I am not an experienced admin so I may just be going about things
the wrong way. I just decided to throw the information out there as I was
unable to find any better documentation and wanted to help others who run in
to the same issue.

On another list I'm told there is a newer HP PSP version that comes with an
installer so all this may be moot.

Thank you for the reply though.
-Brandon