[CentOS] Using CentOS on commercial product.

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 03:41:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 10:14 +0900, Shinobu Takasugi wrote:

> Question 1
> Is there no problem from the view point of CentOS license?
>
> Question 2
> Should we donate to CentOS community?
>
>  In FAQ http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=49,
>  there is a description concerning donation when CentOS is used for business.
>    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    If CentOS is the basis of your business, you should also consider making
>    monthly donations to the CentOS Project, or even providing a dedicated
>    server for our use.
>    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
I'm not trying to make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill but I have very
distinct question since this OP has asked the nature of this.

At the same Faq Page Quoted by the OP is:
"""CentOS and our logos are a trademarks of CentOS ltd, please contact
us if your questions are not answered above."""

Qustion goes to Respins that are redistributed.

 Is the CentOS Project ltd. going to Indemnify ME against future legal
actions from using Trade Marked Images? Is the CentOS Project ltd.
willing to waive the rights of that in a legal document that all Core
Developers have to sign?

This has been on my mind for the past few months and I have been advised
against doing of using any images contained therein for anything such as
a respin that is disted public.

John