[CentOS] Centos 5.5 on a Toshiba Satellite L1500D - Wireless networking - Realtek 8172

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 03:46:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 16:44 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I just installed Centos 5.5 x86_64 on a new Toshiba Satellite L1500D.

> When I try to run the make command I get this error.  I get the same
> error regardless of which of the two driver archives I use.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Is there an easier way to get this working?
---
What you can do is install ndiswrapper and get the Windows XP or 2K
driver.  This seems like the only way to go since the driver want build.
Unless you can find another driver source or start editting the source
code.  This is a nasty way of doing this and you will most likely have
messages in the logs pertaining to a Tainted Driver.
ndiswrapper -i /path/to/extracted/net8192se.inf
If you look in the CentOS Wiki there was at once an article explaining
the details of doing this.

John