[CentOS] Virtualization as cheap redundancy option?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Jun 28 16:19:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:06:43AM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> I second the emotion on VBox, its a nice piece of work.
>
> Read the license carefully, however.   Its no longer free for use as a
> server in a business environment, only free for 'personal' use.   Larry
> needs a new boat.

They also clarify that 'personal' use can include in a business environment,
if you're just installing on a system here and there and not doing a mass
rollout on multiple machines. But that's from their website. Haven't read
the full license to see how closely their informal synopsis matches the
lawyereese.

Whit