[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 05:23:33 UTC 2010

On 6/29/10, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>> The only problem is their HA is commercial only and costs more than
>> the entire hardware budget I've got for this. Crucially, it relies on
>> a failover/heartbeat kind of arrangement. According to some sources,
>> the failover delay of a few seconds will cause certain services/apps
>> to fail/lock up. Not an issue for the immediate need but will be a
>> major no no for the other project I have in the pipeline.
>
> So install Nexenta CP2/CP3 then. That's completely free and ZFS has its
> own web interface...

Sorry, a little braindead by now but how would the Nexenta Core
Platform (I assume this is the CP you are referring to), solve the
failover delay problem since it would still be relying on HB to do
failover monitoring right?

Or do you mean to use NCP for the storage units, relying on ZFS to do
the disk management and export iSCSI interfaces to the application to
use as MD RAID 1 members?