[CentOS] centos5.5 text install forcing me to add all disks to LVM volgroup

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Tue Jun 29 20:11:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> *shrug*
> "Custom partition", which is what I *always* do, both at work and at home,
> since, unlike WinBlow$, I *NEVER* want everything on the same
> partition....

I've been bitten a few times with the partitioner programs.
My strategy now is to configure my partitions from the
Gparted live CD, prior to a fresh installation.

Then using the Custom Layout, I only format and mount
partitions with no data on them, like /, and /tmp. That way
you safeguard any valuable data from being deleted during
the installation.

HTH

Keith