[CentOS] CentOS MD RAID 1 on Openfiler iSCSI

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:02:07 UTC 2010

On 6/30/10, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing you can do on the cheap is set up nightly backups with backuppc.
> It
> can run on a machine that does something else in the daytime if necessary
> and
> its pooling and compression scheme will store about 10x the history you
> would
> expect.  You need backups anyway since even complex redundancy schemes have
> modes of failure that can lose things.
>
> Or, I suppose you could roll your own with rsync to a zfs filesystem with
> du-dup, compression, and snapshots set up.

Thanks for that suggestion. Right now I have a script that I used on
several machines that basically runs at around 5am (depending on what
other cronjobs are scheduled) that tarzip the datafolders, then move
the archives into a USB HDD. The clients swap out that drive every few
days or weeks (depending on who) when the script sends an email alert
that it's full.

But a proper software meant to do that sounds like a better idea :D