[CentOS] Using CentOS on commercial product.

Fri Jun 25 01:14:35 UTC 2010
Shinobu Takasugi <shinobu_takasugi at agilent.com>

Hello,

I've sent this mail when I didn't subscribe this mailing list.
Now I subscribe and I sent again.
I'm sorry to bother you.

Our company make and sell some measurement system controlled by PC.
We use Red Hat Enterprise Linux on the PC currently.
We are thinking CentOS is another option for us.
There is no technical issue but we don't have enough information about license.

We will do the following,

1) Install CentOS and our applications on the PC.
2) Sell the PC to our customer.
3) Distribute DVD made from CentOS iso image file to our customer.

Question 1
Is there no problem from the view point of CentOS license?

Question 2
Should we donate to CentOS community?

 In FAQ http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=49,
 there is a description concerning donation when CentOS is used for business.
   If CentOS is the basis of your business, you should also consider making
   monthly donations to the CentOS Project, or even providing a dedicated
   server for our use.

Best Regards,
Shinobu Takasugi