[CentOS] how to install ip6tables?

Tue Jun 1 23:01:51 UTC 2010
Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil>

Gary Greene wrote, On 06/01/2010 06:27 PM:
> On 6/1/10 2:12 PM, "Ron Loftin" <reloftin at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 23:04 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> I'm sorry if this is a quick dumb one, but how does one install
>>> ip6tables?
>>>
>> Are you sure it's not already installed ??  It installs by default on my
>> systems.
>>>

>>> Doing a google search for "how to install ip6tables", ironically,
>>> returns results on how to disable it. I have disabled it previously,
>>> but now want to re-enabled it as I want to play around with IPV6 &
>>> iptables.
>>>

>>> Any pointers will be appreciated.

How did you disable it?
	rm some files?
	rpm -e a package?
	chkconfig ip6tables off?

My starting point for understanding this problem would be***:
/sbin/chkconfig --list |grep tables
rpm -qa  iptables\*
yum info iptables\*

*** of course you'll understand the appropriate man pages before executing what some random net user
wrote.
--
Todd Denniston