[CentOS] 24G running on centos 5 desktop.

Wed Jun 2 20:25:29 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Kwan Lowe wrote:
>>> Wow, pretty nice... 24G in a desktop :)  Remember when 2M was a big
>>> deal??
>>>
>> heck, I remember when 64k was a big deal.
>
> 64K? You had that much? I remember when, as a b'day present, my CoCo got
> upgraded (violating its warranty) from 16k to 32k....

Hehe.. My Vic20 had 5K..Didn't do much with it though..  When I got my
TI-99/4A things changed.. I loved that machine.

Before that, I ran CP/M on a Z80 card in Apple IIe's and Franklin Ace
1000s (??? forget the exact model).  It ran Borland Turbo Pascal from
a 5.25" floppy :)

Hell, this is what I love about Linux... Makes me feel just as I did
back then... Except now I'm running POVRay and Blender, crunching data
for 1000 stock symbols ever 30 minutes, serving a PDF library of 2000
books (searchable)... pretty cool :)

>        mark "and I used magnets to program the 1's and 0's"

You had magnets?? :D