[CentOS] Firefox slower on GMail since update to CentOS 5.5

Thu Jun 3 07:49:14 UTC 2010
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:

> I removed the nvidia driver from elrepo and installed this one from
> Nvidia website, but it did not solve my problem.
>
> The more I experience it, the more it seems clear that this issue only
> happens with GMail / Google Apps. So I really think that this is
> either a GMail or a Firefox issue.
> I wonder if anybody else is using GMail through the web interface
> intensively on CentOS 5.5?
> I would not say that this is unsable either. It just slows done when
> browsing "big" conversations (that is more than 4/5 mails which is not
> that big)
>
> Thanks for your feedback and for the tip anyhow, this may help others!

The main problem I've seen with gmail is that it just freezes every so
often for as much as five minutes or more.  Usually if I wait, it
resolves.  Sometimes I just lose patience, kill the browser and
restart it and re-login and all is well.  One thing gmail does well is
recover from abrupt/unexpected termination.

HTH

mhr