[CentOS] Package Distribution Server?

Fri Jun 4 08:11:21 UTC 2010
Jens Neu <jens.neu at biotronik.com>

If you set up a big number of workstations (my pain shreshold woud
probably be around 20), or if you have hard requirements that the
workstations are really equal in patch level you should maybe consider a
Spacewalk server:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk

regards
Jens Neu

Health Services Network Administration

Zhihao Lou <lzh1984 at gmail.com>
Sent by: centos-bounces at centos.org
06/04/2010 05:28 AM
Please respond to
CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>

centos at centos.org
cc

Subject
[CentOS] Package Distribution Server?

Dear List,

I'm trying to set up a lab with multiple workstations running CentOS
5. Does anybody knows how to keep the packages in sync among
workstations? Ideally I want any change made on any machine be able to
applied to all other machines. Alternatively, to "push" the changes
(add and/or remove packages) from one central server to all other
machine is also fine.

Thanks

Zhihao Lou

P.S.: Sorry for the confusion subject line. I really don't know what's
the accurate name for the feature I described here.